Dear Hero, this is a poem of appreciation, gratitude and thankfulness that I would like to share with you.
As an “Essential Hero” you courageously and bravely go to work to serve for the common good.
Each day as I awake,
I am aware that I have an obligation to “mask up,”
It is my obligation of thankfulness for your “Essential Service,”
Day by day, you courageously and cheerfully serve the common good,
Bravely and voluntarily you stride through the viral-puddles
of the unknown!
Courageously and gallantly you face this villain, “Covid-19”…
And with respect for its threats, you mask up and unflinchingly continue to serve!
You may deny being “heroic” but your service displays its connotations,
Your commitment and integrity to serve are an appreciated inspiration!
I am committing to “masking up” when I am in public venues to show my sincerity and support for your heroic services.
- Authors’s Comments:
1. You have my permission to pass this poem of gratitude along to “Essential Workers” without crediting this author. The poem is an expression of your appreciation for the Essential Worker’s courage to risk their health for the common good!
2. The poem is a way to show that you are visibly demonstrating appreciation, cooperation, gratitude and respect for their courageous and heroic commitment regarding the wellbeing of those whom they serve!
3. Simply copy and paste the introduction paragraph and the poem into an email and forward to a “Heroic” person or persons or essential service providers such as police and fire departments, hospitals, etc.
4. You may also choose to copy in handwriting, the introduction and the poem and send a brief letter or greeting card to your “heroic person.”
5. I appreciate your support for our “Heroic Essential Workers,” by “masking up” when you are in public venues: For example at your local grocery stores and other essential places you need to visit.
Axioms of thoughtfulness:
- The benefits of what givers like “Essential Workers” do are meant for your wellbeing and wellness.
- “Masking up” in public is a visible way to encourage and remind others of the important role they can play in eliminating and stopping this menacing Covid-19 viral harm to us all!
©2020 by Blooming Bobville the positive response practical teacher poet for the common good. 😋