Swiftly the seconds tick by,
Tick-tock, tick-tock, they fly,
Sixty seconds every minute!
Suddenly those minutes become hours,
The hours accumulate to make a day,
Tick-tock, tick-tock, a week has gone!
Past ticks and tocks wasted are lost forever,
Swiftly a month, a year, a decade become history,
All too soon I feel the ticking and tocking of old age!
From this moment onward I’ll use those ticks and tocks wisely,
I’ll exercise my brain with word games,
With friends I’ll share laughs and stories,
I’ll visit flowers wherever I find them,
I’ll stare at fluffy clouds up high,
And some of those seconds I’ll use for dreaming!
In my old age I treasure every second,
Ticks and tocks are to be used wisely,
They are irreversible and cannot be saved!
Your future is created by what you mostly do and mostly think in the moment!
It’s how you spend your time in each moment that really matters!
It’s the hundreds of little things that add up to big things!
Beware of the value of the little things; they eventually do make a difference!
Assignment: How can you upgrade, second by second, what you mostly do for your wellness and wellbeing?
- 1. Your Health? Examples: Diet, exercise, etc. Also search the Internet for ideas.
- 2. Your Service for others for income? Examples: Update skills with on the job training, community college or University, etc. Also search the Internet for ideas.
- 3. Your community and social obligations? Practice the arts of understanding, valuing, caring, respect, forgiveness, etc. Be respectful of others in public, pick up trash from the street in your neighborhood and dispose in a trash container, be an active voter, pay attention to what your local, state and federal government is doing that helps build peace and security for your community, etc. Search the Internet for ideas. Also search the Internet for ideas.
- 4. Your emotional, mental and spirtual wellbeing? Examples: Eliminate stinking thinking: The Cambridge Dictionary defines “Stinking Thinking” as a bad way of thinking that makes you believe you will fail; that bad things will happen to you; or that you are not a very good person. Go to this URL for more information: https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=stinking+thinking&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8 , learn how to pray for all others in the world, [when enough of us pray for one another, good things will happen] That sounds silly, but praying for others is an attitude of appreciation, gratitude and thankfulness for all the things others do that make your life better! For example: Others provide the food you need, shelter, the clothes you wear, entertainment, current news and other services from those who provide transportation services, etc. Try community volunteering, being a good citizen which is a way to boost your quality of meaning and purpose with your life and living: Research Internet resources regarding quality of life activities, etc. Also search the Internet for ideas.: Quality of life URL. Go visit: https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=qualityof+life+ideas&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
- Inspiration for your life’s journey:
- Inspiring Quotations:
- “The best way to know who you are and what you are is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “ I don’t know what your destiny will be, but one thing I do know, the only ones who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve.” -Albert Schweitzer.
- “We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from it.”-William Osler
- Best of luck on your life’s journey. Improving the quality of your “second” is a sure way to improve the quality of your life, day by day, all life long. Sincerely yours, Author, Blooming Bobville the positive response teacher-poet. 😋