2020 – 04-23
What this self-help encouraging poem and resources is about”
- 1. An encouraging poem with other supportive resources to help you resist the insidious threats from Covid-19, alias the Corona Virus, to your wellbeing and wellness.
- 2. Effectively surviving the Covid-19 virus demands more than a physical response: We as human beings are also vulnerable to mental, social and spiritual degradation that can cause irrational responses to fear and uncertainty by this pandemic event caused by Covid-19.
- 3. This is a positive response poem that includes resources to help you endure and persevere over the threats to your wellbeing and wellness from the Covid-19 virus.
- The Poem: Boosting your courage to resist Covid-19:
“Fearlessly Resisting The Pandemic Covid-19 Virus, alias, Corona”
How do we survive in times of viral uncertainty,
To overcome terminating threats like those…
Imposed by this thing called Covid-19?
We shall strive to deny it life supporting sources with soap suds,
Social distancing, relentless determination and a mask!
Listen up bud, with fearless resistance and with courageous determination,
We shall resist your propagation and we shall speed up your termination,
With the goal to bury you in a tomb of mud!
I’m telling your bud, your insidious wretchedness, will soon end,
And your mortality is going to eventually be your reality,
Of this you can be assured! We shall persevere!
©2020 by Blooming Bobville the positive-response-teacher-poet www.fivestarteacher.com
P.S. I hope this poem helped you reaffirm commitment for doing what you can to end this pandemic threat to community health and wellbeing. In this project you will find lots of good knowledge and skills to help you resist propagation of the Covid-19 Virus. Thank you for your efforts for the common good.
- Caveat for this project:
The following are resources for self-help exploration that will require some return visits to this self-help resources project: Maybe weeks, months or even years!You’ll need to constantlyadjust, adapt and adopt new strategies for managing and maintaining wellbeing and wellness, day by day, all your life long! In addition, be aware that because of “ongoing” change to yourbiological, economic, social and spiritual quality of life, it would be wise to have a favorite poem and other strategies to keep your mind focused on responding positively to whatever is affecting your quality of life.*Near the end of this project, I shall share a poem that I have recited for inspiration since 1957. It helped me survive the rigors of a teachers college curriculum after four years of military service in the Korean War
- The following resources offer strategies for life long practices that can help you maintain your mental, social and spiritual quality of life, day by day, all life long! Best of luck in persevering with determination to make responding positively your preferred attitude, behavior and habit, all life long! Best of luck always. Blooming Bobville the positive response teacher poet.
- Resources to help you resist the Covid-19 pandemic threats to your wellbeing and wellness:A. Goal: To resist viral threats by choosing to control fear of the Covid-19 Virus, with Purposeful Determination to endure, with Fearless Resistance and with a Stubborn Resilience to overcome fear: Those are positive response strategies to help you build your capacity to recover from and endure all life’s challenges.
Self-help social and spiritual support:
- The following is a compendium of Social and Spiritual Knowledge, Strategies and Skills to help you resist debilitation to your wellbeing and feelings of wellness from the negative effects of the Pandemic Covid-19, alias Corona Virus.
- What is “wellbeing”? Well-being is the experience of health, happiness, and prosperity: It includes having good mental health, high life satisfaction, a sense of meaning and purpose, and ability to manage stress. More generally, well-being is just feeling well.
- What do I mean by wellness? Wellness is an active process of becoming aware of and making choices toward a healthy and fulfilling life. Wellness is more than being free from illness, it is a dynamic process of change and growth. “…a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
- What are the 8 components of wellness? The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) has identified eight dimensions of wellness to focus on to optimize health. The eight dimensions include: emotional, spiritual, intellectual, physical, environmental, financial, occupational, and social.
*Wellbeing and wellness requires daily commitment:
- It may take years to create a daily or at least a weekly habit to practice a
self-help Wellbeing and Wellness check up! Understand that it takes time to acquire knowledge and skills to deal with ongoing change, especially something as serious as a pandemic disease! Be patient, endure and persist so that you can achieve whatever you endeavor for your wellbeing and wellness. Keep you mind focused forward!
- Simply, commit and do it, day by day. You’ll be glad that you did! Knowledge and skills building require time, effort and commitment 😊
*The Seven C’s of Resilience:
- Copy and paste each line, into your browser, for more knowledge and skill building resources:
- Control. Provide opportunities which lend a sense of control. …
- Coping. …
- Confidence. …
- Connection. …
- Character. …
- Five key stress Resilience Skills:
- Attention – flexibility & stability of focus.
- Letting go (1) – physical.
- Letting go (2) – mental.
- Accessing & sustaining positive emotion.
*The value of empathy:
*The resources on the next URL page relate to skills in empathy toward self and others. On this page you will find many resources to help you resist anxiety and fear.You’ll also find a compendium of excellent resources for taking good care of yourself, day by day. Don’t miss those useful posts!
*Mental Health Resources:
- Taking Care Of Your Mental Health During COVID-19 – News … www.montclair.edu › newscenter › 2020/03/17 › takin…
- *Help Questions for resisting the Covid-19 virus:
- [Also on the Internet] More resources for “Fearlessly Resisting The Pandemic Covid-19 Virus” Go to the following URL:On this page you will find a list of COVID-19 alert questions like, *How should I clean my house if someone living with me has the coronavirus disease? A worthwhile site to explore!
- Resources for Groups and Families:
Go to the following URL for guidelines regarding mindful strategies. Especially designed for a family, an organization or a business. Go to…
- Reliable Resources for Covid-19 information:
- CDC Information
- World Health Organization
- Searches related to Counseling and Psychological Services webpage:
Counseling and Psychological Services webpage: Go to https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=Counseling+and+Psychological+Services+webpage&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
*Be sure to scroll to the bottom of that page for more wellbeing resources:
*Time tested inspirational poem to power up resilience:
- The author’s favorite inspirational poem and his three favorite quotations for achieving meaning, purpose and satisfaction in life and living, day by day! Go to…“A Lot To Live For: A Life In Service To Others” located on this poetry blog: https://www.fivestarteacher.com/?s=A+LOT+TO+live+for
- Author’s closing comment: Each of us is an“alive” thing like all other alive things in nature: All “alive” things in nature have a Divine purpose to live in service for the common good: From that service, we, alive things derive meaning and purpose for being alive: Meaning and purpose lead to contentment, happiness and joy of life and living!
Divine Purpose is your personal life mission. It’s intense passion, spark and drive. It’s the satisfaction that you feel as you live your life in the service of others. It may or may not have something to do with what you do for a living right now. The poem “Cares” by Edgar Guest led me to dedicate my life, as a teacher, to help my students explore and discover their own special purpose in life.
Best of good luck as you strive to be your best during your life on earth. Thank you for choosing to live your life in the service of the common good. That’s a sure way to boost and sustain your quality of life.
Blooming Bobville the positive response teacher-poet. 😊
Thank you for your visit. Be well and use the powers of positive response poetry to enable perseverance while sustaining wellbeing and wellness all your life long! Also, occasionally I invite you to check back for new poems to be added for helping you sustain the attitudes, behaviors and habits of responding positively to both success and failures that happen during life and living.