Mother Nature Heals
- The intent of this poem is to encourage engagement with the natural Soul healing wonders of nature. Day by day, find one way to connect with Nature in your own special way; whether it is with a plant in your home or in a park or at your work!
Mother Nature Heals:
Is the quietest and
Of my day!
She invites me to play,
Whenever my spirits go astray.
To her I humbly go assured that,
Her beauty, scents and sounds heal,
All that I have to do,
Is be quiet and focused,
Looking into her beautiful ‘eyes’…
Inspires me to realize…
…whenever my day,
Seems to be in disarray,
I go to Mother Nature,
I focus on her natural sights,
Sounds and scents.
There I find delightful instant joy,
Gazing at flowers, the swaying trees in a breeze,
While listening to the wind play with the leaves,
To help me feel at ease,
At times I find a stream, or a pond in a park,
Or breaking waves on an ocean shore…
That connects my soul with the healing Divine.
Nature is my access to healing that sets me free!
©2017 by Blooming Bobville the Practical Poet. May you always feel free and eager to go to Mother Nature and experience the thrill of natural glee! Thank you for visiting my poetry garden. www.fivestarteacher.com
Definition of “Free.” Free for this poem means, not being in the grip of habitually responding negatively when challenged with occasional misfortune or the fickle uncertainties of life and living. Realize that you can avoid falling into negative response attitudes and habits by regular nature-focused visits! That’s why connecting with Mother Nature is so vital to your quality of life! Understand that no one goes who is totally free of temporary or occasional negative responses to disappointment or misfortune.
- Epilogue: Exploring practical ways to connect with nature.
The intent of this poem is to encourage engagement with the natural healing wonders of nature. Nature is an amazing place to go for healing, no matter who you are or where you are or how frayed or in disarray you are, go to Nature and get attuned with soul healing spirits!
Whenever there is gripping dismay or disarray on your life,plan for regular visiting times with nature either indoors or outdoors.
If you can’t be outdoors, acquire a plant to care for indoors!
In addition, there are numerous resources of nature stories, poems, photography and magazines like the National Geographic in libraries that are waiting there for free use!
- Author’s interpretation of the stanzas to help reveal and enhance understanding
and encourage the practice of natural Soul healing imagery with Mother Nature!
- For stanza #1. Where to go for soul-healing.
There’s nothing like Mother Nature to connect you to healing away negative response attitudes and habits that causes depressive thoughts that threaten your sense of security and wellbeing. Also reading nature poetry is a natural way to release the grip of fearful forethought or the challenges of ongoing change.
- For stanza #2. Explains the meaning of the concept in stanza #1.
For sure, Mother Nature invites everyone to come and play whether white or pink or gray.
Whenever you feel dismayed or in disarray, to Mother Nature go and play.
- For stanza #3. If you want contentment, happiness and joy, it is up to you to invite Mother Nature in! Do it now! If it is to be, it is up to you!
- Anger, fear, hate, or any other negative response attitudes and habits locks her out from her natural healing mission! Mother nature only comes when invited!
- It’s your choice; invite her “in,” for Soul healing or lock her “out” at your peril!
- In or out; your choice! Understand that Mother Nature is incompatible with negativity!
- Suggested activities for connecting with Mother Nature’s Soul-Healing Mission:
- Go to the great outdoors to look, see, listen, think and feel the harmony and peace of Nature.
- Go visit gardening-nurseries with their many beautiful plants and flowers.
- Purchase a potted plant or flower to care for as an effective way to connect with nature right in your own home, day by day.
- When you are grocery shopping, stop and gaze* at the flower display for a minute or two of relaxation to recover from the stresses of your day. To gaze:Means to look steadily and intently, especially with a sense of admiration, appreciation, gratitude and thankfulness: Gazing is mindful-consciousness of what you are looking at in a way that results in a feeling of contentment and joy within your Soul.
- Silently in your mind connect to flowers by reciting phrases like, *Thank you for your relaxing beauty: *I am grateful for your Soul healing beauty: *I appreciate being in your presence, as you stand and gaze at a flower or other things in nature that inspire you! Nature communicates Soul stimulating pleasure visually and sensibly with colors and varieties of fragrances as well as the beautiful tweeting sounds of birds, etc.*Those are examples of “spiritual expressions” that you can create and use to actively and positively invite the healing power of nature to come to your Soul!
- Going to nature is a cost-free way to break the grip of doubt, fear and stresses! They silently and viciously steal away health and wellbeing a bit at a time without you being conscious of the erosion to your wellbeing or wellness!
- Occasionally, for Soul and spiritual healing, purchase a bouquet of flowers for extending the peace and quiet within your Soul.
- For stanza #4. How to assist Mother Nature with her healing mission.
Nature’s healing happens magically when you turn off anger, greediness, hate, damaging prejudice and self-pity. Nature’s healing beauty is incompatible with those attitudes.The thing is, focusing on Nature is a way to filter out negative response attitudes and habits like anger, fear, hate and other negative attitudes from locking Nature’s healing out.
- For stanza #5. The connecting power of appreciation, gratitude and thankfulness.
Be still and with a quiet mind allow natural beauty to saturate your Soul in a way that connects you to Divine healing. For me, I like to watch trees dancing in a breeze as a way to disconnect from worry and strain. When I go to Mother Nature, I go with a sense of appreciation, gratitude and thankfulness. Those attributes are the connecting strategies that help me connect to Nature’s Soul healing qualities! When I am in the presence of nature, I silently recite in my mind, “I wish to engage and harmonize with appreciation, gratitude and thankfulness, for the blessings of peace and quiet in my Soul!” Simply standing and gazing at the natural wonders of the world is certainly something to appreciate, be grateful for and thankful for, day by day!
- For stanzas #6. Commit to tending and mending your quality of life, day by day!
To engage Nature’s Soul healing be quiet, relaxed, be serene and focus on Nature’s sights, sounds colors and scents. Even a brief gaze at nature, listening and breathing deeply for a few minutes, without any specific thinking on your mind, can break the grip of stress and negative attitudes!
Those are some techniques for healing and relaxing with Nature. You don’t need a University degree to learn how to practice connecting with Nature. It’s a natural thing! Realize that as long as you harbor negative attitudes and habits, you are closing the door for Mother Nature’s healing powers! Deep and slow breathing is helpful to get into a relaxed condition as you focus on the healing beauty of Nature!
- My favorite action quotes are: “Do it now” and “If it is to be, it is up to me!”
You may find these to be effective self-motivating phrases. You are encouraged to create your own motivational “spiritual-self-talk.”
Additional author’s comment regarding regular visits with things in nature:
It has been reported again and again by modern science that negative response attitudes and habits deteriorate your mental and physical health and wellbeing, slowly but surely! That’s why regular contact with Nature is vital to filtering out negative responses to change.
- Nature Related Poetry Resources located on this blog:
- https://www.fivestarteacher.com/refreshing-poetry-garden/ The intent of this poem is to encourage the daily engagement of practical poetry for quality of life maintenance.
- https://www.fivestarteacher.com/prelude-engaging-healing-qualities-beauty/ The intent of this poem is to offer guidance and ideas to help you engage the healing qualities of beauty. Beauty helps you engage a spiritually uplifting sense of wellbeing and is manifested in contentment, joy and happiness!
- https://www.fivestarteacher.com/great-joy-delight-flowers/ The intent of this poem is to encourage the art of admiring the beauty of flowers as a way to disengage your mind from the stresses of your day.
©2017 by Blooming Bobville the Practical Poet. www.fivestarteacher.com
- Additional resources to break the grip and clear out negative response attitudes irritating your Soul:
- Beauty, The Invisible Embrace by John O’Donohue: Paste that title into your browser for purchase locations on the Internet. A lifetime, refreshing reading, that will help you connect with the Soul healing beauty of Nature!
- William Wordsworth Nature Poems: Wordsworth was famous for his nature poems. (7 April 1770 – 23 April 1850) Britain’s poet laureate from 1843 until his death from pleurisy on 23 April 1850.
william wordsworth poems on nature with summary https://www.poemhunter.com/william-wordsworth/
- Other important searches related for the healing power of nature!
https://dgreenwriting.com/2013/01/18/ecotherapy-healing-through-the-embrace-of-nature/ A great tutorial regarding ways to connect to the healing power of nature!
https://www.beautifulwashington.com/outdoors-inspiration/515-nature-is-the-best-healer.html If you can’t get to the outdoors, look online, to find beautiful scenery to relax the stress from your soul! At that URL there are many clickable places to visit that you may never have time to visit view the awesome and pleasant wonders of nature! The views and natural environments at this URL are awesome and beautiful. These are beautiful places to go viewing on your laptop in the comfort of your home! Just imagine yourself with a picnic lunch overlooking some most stunning natural beauty. Also search for other natural beauty URL’s
- The following is an inspiring poem for dealing with unreasonable-fearful negative thinking: The Peace Of Wild Things – Poem by Wendell Berry
- Short poems about nature:
- Enlightening Healing Poetry:
Thank you for visiting my practical poetry garden. I hope that the resources and guiding ideas, of this project, help you find as much joy in life as that of a bob-tailed rooster happily pecking on a Sweet Potato vine.