Make Your Day: Your Choice…Stumbling Blocks or Stepping Stones?
This poem explores the concept that what you habitually think, say and do causes stumbling blocks or stepping stones for your day!
Boosting Your Willpower To Shape the Character of Your Day
I make my day,
By what I mostly think and what I mostly do and say!
My habitual response to life comes through my brain,
And what I mostly think has power to create sunshine or rain!
How I respond to what I see and hear,
Creates either possibilities for misery or possibilities for cheer!
It’s how I respond through my attitudes and habits,
That I can create self-control or become a self-defeating addict…
Or I can choose to practice willpower to respond with zeal,
So that whatever I harbor in my soul can eventually become real!
I believe that in my soul is a potential to make my day,
It all depends upon what I mostly think, do and say!
I believe it’s the self-talk from my soul that creates lofty
panoramic views seen by eagles,
Or the dark and dingy underground of the mole!
• What I habitually think, say and do creates the pathway for my day!
• The way I respond to life creates either stumbling blocks or stepping stones!
• If it is contentment, happiness and joy I wish for my day, responding positively to change, occasional misfortunes and uncertainties, is what I mostly have to do!
Recommended Assignment: You can add power to this poem by copying it in “long-hand-writing.” This act engages and enables you to add another dimension of initiative and understanding to the value of willpower! Paper and pen is all you need! In the words of Clement Stone, a 1930’s self-made millionaire, “Do It Now!”
- When you copy the poem you are demonstrating to yourself that you are serious about managing and maintaining your quality of life, day by day, with zeal. Zeal is a noun and is an expression of great energy or enthusiasm in pursuit of a cause or an objective: Writing adds clarity, commitment and power to achieve your goals!
- Repetition is what all professionals do to become proficient at achieving what they want! Why not be a quality of life professional for managing the quality of your own life? You’ll be glad you did!
©2017 by Blooming Bobville the practical poet. www.fivestarteacher.com May you always be fresh and blooming and responding positively to on-going change, occasional misfortune and the stress of daily uncertainties. Patience, persistence and perseverance are vital to achievement and succeeding. Good luck and remember, “look backward to learn, look forward and respond in a positive way to succeed!”
• Additional resources for boosting your willpower to respond positively to ongoing change, occasional misfortune and the stress of uncertainty.
- Here are search phrases related to boosting your willpower to respond positively to your quality of life challenges, day by day:
•Willpower has to do with, “I will do this or that” or “I won’t do this or that” or I want to develop the habit of doing this or that, so that I can achieve and maintain a daily sense of contentment, happiness and joy of life and living! That’s what quality of life is about!
• For more resources about achieving self-management willpower, download this free pdf book for engaging and boosting your willpower at,
•You will learn 1. How willpower works, 2. Why it matters, and 3. Doable exercises for mastering your own willpower. This resource is an excellent, understandable, self-learning course for boosting your willpower, day by day! It was written by Kelly McGonigal, Ph.D Instructor of the acclaimed Stanford University course, “The Science of Willpower.”Disclaimer